Tip - It can do many things; Copy, move, rename, or delete file system object(s).
· SHFileOperation can handle different file management operations; Copy, move, rename, or delete.
· It can do operations on multiple files in a single execution.
· It can copy security attributes; CopyFile or CopyFileEx cannot copy the security attributes of the source to destination while file attributes can be copied.
· It can display a progress dialog similar to the windows copy dialog, based on specific flags.
· There is no direct progress call-back option. CopyFileEx allows specifying a call-back pointer which will get invoked periodically.
· GetLastError() API cannot be used to detect the errors while executing SHFileOperation.
· You can delete the file keeping it in recycle bin, by specifying the FOF_ALLOWUNDO flag.
· File deletion can be made recursive.
· Operations on multiple files use the double-null terminated format.
· And so on; it suits most of the file operations generally carried out programmatically.
Posted By :Praveen E