Tip -Process Viewer & Performance Monitor, Windows Utility
Details -With the PView process viewer (PVIEW.EXE), you can examine and modify many characteristics of the processes and threads running on your system.
Using this tool we will get the solution for the below questions:
* How much memory does the program allocate at various points in its execution, and how much memory is being paged out?
* Which processes and threads are using the most CPU time?
* How does the program run at different system priorities?
To start PView
1. Click the Start button on the Windows taskbar and highlight Programs.
2. On the resulting Programs submenu, highlight Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0.
3. Next, highlight Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Tools then click Process Viewer. PView opens by displaying the main Process Viewer Application dialog box.
Performance Monitor (perfmon.exe) to monitor the amount of memory a single instance of a report process is using
The following steps will explain how to use Performance Monitor to determine the amount of memory being used during the report analysis.
1. Open Performance Monitor (it can be opened by typing perfmon.exe from the command line).
2. Under Performance Logs and Alerts, select counter logs.
3. In the right panel, right-click and select New Log settings.
4. Assign (type) the name of the new log.
5. Select add counter.
6. Select the following:
* The computer running Firewall Suite
* Performance Object: Process
* Counter as Private Bytes
* Instance as runevent.exe
7. Click Apply to save.
8. Schedule the monitor to run next time you do an analysis.
Posted By : Febil Chacko